Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Rory McIlroy deserves an apology....


I have to start by apologizing to Rory McIlroy. I made my picks, for fun of course, for my top five players to win the US Open this week. I studied the players, their stats, their Open history, and even their personal backgrounds. I did not however, include Rory McIlroy in my picks. I did not do it intentionally. I simply bypassed this great player. It may have been because of his historic collapse at The Masters, or his recent absence from the news, but for whatever reason, my brain completely skipped over Rory.

This is not fair to him. He deserves more than that. We have all been in a situation where we have been playing great and then the wheels fall off. It happens. It's part of the game. 

Rory McIlroy is a great player, and to see him bounce back from his Augusta performance and shoot an opening 65 at The US Open, was fantastic for both the game of golf, and for Rory's own personal game. 

I hope he continues his great play, and I wouldn't argue if he absolutely ran away with the golf tournament. It would be good for the game!

Enjoy the second round today!

Chris



No comments:

Post a Comment