Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Golf Handicapping System...What do people think? Honestly now, no holding back!


I am working a tournament today and just like every year with this event there is always an issue with the handicapping of the players. It could be a computer issue, it could be human error, either way, it is very frustrating and it makes our job very difficult. Then you have players who dont follow by the "handicap rules" as far as posting a score, or people who don't understand how it is supposed to work.

If it were up to me I would eliminate the handicaps completely, but I understand that my opinion is very one-sided because I do not keep a handicap. Even though I am not a scratch player, I think the game of golf is more enjoyable if you just go out and play. I also understand that if we did not have a handicap system in place, people with higer ones would not be able to enter in tournaments because it would be unfair.

I would just like to know people's thoughts about the system. I don't want anyone to hold back. You can say anything, within reason of course, this is after all a family friendly website!

Thanks,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment